Thursday, February 1, 2007

Pudding pop

It's been a few days... Sorry, I've been busy and haven't done a lot of knitting. So lets talk about my second favourite topic: food.


I made a pot of yummerly homemade pudding yesterday (I'm pms-ing so I cannot get enough sugar/fat/salt in my body right now) and I thought I'd share the recipe. There's nothing better than a bowl of warm, dark chocolate pudding, especially when it's freezing cold outside.

Here, make some for yourself, it's super easy:

Dark Chocolate pudding
2 cups of milk (cow, soy, rice, whatever floats your boat)
3 tablespoons of sugar (brown has a richer flavour)
3 tablespoons of cornstarch
2-3 tablespoons of cocoa powder (Depending on how chocolatey you want it. I always use 3.)

Mix the dry ingredients together really well to remove any clumps in the cornstarch, sugar or cocoa.

Put this powder in a sauce pan. Add the milk slowly while whisking to incorporate well.

Turn the heat to medium-high, and keep stirring till the mixture starts to bubble and thicken. Don't stop whisking, or the bottom will scorch and your pudding will taste burnt (ask me how I know this!)

As soon as it bubbles, turn the heat way down, and cook for another minute or two, till it's fully thickened.

You can eat it warm (the best!) or put it in little decorative dishes and chill in the fridge like mom used to do.

Bill Cosby, eat your heart out!


0 comments: