Saturday, March 17, 2007

And I like it too!

Here's a bit of Irish spring green to liven up your St. Patty's day:


One of my all-time favourite scarves. Super easy to make. Take two balls of self-stripping yarn in the same colourway (I used Noro Kureyon). Alternate two rows of one ball with the other, making sure you start in a different coloured part for the second ball. Mine is in rib (k1,p1) to avoid curled edges. It took 4 balls in all. Ta-da! Easy-peasy stripey scarf.



Green socks in progress. Oops, can't find the ball band... It's that lovely stuff that subtly changes colours as you go. I'll tell ya later when I find it.



Filatura di Grignasco Tango (50% wool, 25% alpaca, 25% viscose) in shade 221, a lovely moss green with flecks of blue and brown. It has the same tweedy, soft texture and weight as Rowan's Felted Tweed, but since I got it from the bargain bin, it was much more aligned with my meagre budget. I think I might have enough to make this with it:



Now if you'll excuse me, I have to get back to my Guinness...


5 comments:








The A.D.D. Knitter

said...

I've made that scarf for several people and just love it!





knittingphilistine

said...

Smart girl taking just a wee short break before getting back to the beer-drinking. Love the scarf; I have yet to make one, but I love it enough that I know I will some day soon. Love the socks, too. I'll be interested to hear what kind of yarn it is... trekking xxl?? AND, ah... tweed. I've had a look at that Sarah Dallas pattern a few times, but have never committed. I'll be interested to see how it turns out. Happy Paddy's Day!





ingrid

said...

That sock looks amazing! I can't wait to find out what kind of yarn you're using. I love the way it just morphs from one colour to the next. Crazy!





Anonymous

said...

Lucky you for finding such a lovely yarn in the bargain bin! It's going to look great as the blanket cardi.





Anonymous

said...

love the scarf, I've made several just like it too. Have you seen the Knitty pattern which uses the same gorgeous striping?