Sunday, February 10, 2008

Bright, sunshiny day

Finally, a bright day to take pictures of my sunny Hourglass sweater.

Orangehourglass
Pattern: Hourglass sweater from Last Minute Knitted Gifts gifts by Joelle Hoverson
Yarn: Malabrigo
Needles: 4mm
Mods: did a slip 2, knit one, pass over slipped stitches decrease for raglan shaping. I also worked the yoke a bit higher.

malabrigohourglass
I love it very much. It's buttery soft and warm, fits well, and perks up a grey winter's day. It's an easy-peasy knit, and I'm totally converted to knitting in the round on circs! So quick to finish! As with all my sweaters, the sleeves are a bit short (when will I ever learn? Knitter, know thyself!) but bracelet length is in, so I don't mind.

hourglass shoulders

coco's hourglass

Unfortunately, it does have more pills than Collette Reardon's nightstand. But that's the price you have to pay with Malabrigo.

colettereardon
(Don't know who Collette Reardon is? She's my all-time favourite Cheri Oteri SNL character. Cracks me up!)


0 comments: