Saturday, February 16, 2008

Cocooning

Looks like this is turning out to be a weekend knitting blog. Work is sapping all my extra energy lately, so Saturdays and Sundays have become my safe haven, where nothing much happens other than me+couch+knitting.

Here, favourite things come together:

Lyndoninprogress
Yarn Rowan's cozy, delicious Cocoon, in "Alpine", a soft cloud grey.

lyndonbook
Pattern Lyndon, from RYC Coast (book 17)

Needles Rosewood Lantern Moon straights, 5mm

I'm doing a lot of fudging on this one. It calls for aran weight, but Cocoon is more of a chunky. So to compensate for larger yarn/needles, I'm knitting the smallest size. So far, the sizing seems to be working out. Crossed fingers that it will work out.

Seeing as it's a gloriously sunny day, and the snowbanks are at least 8ft high (no, I'm not kidding!), I might go skiing/skating/snowshoeing later, that's if I can raise my butt off this comfy place.

What good things do you have planned for this weekend?


0 comments: