Tuesday, June 28, 2011

New specs, new knit

So yesterday I had a mini misadventure. I got a flat tire while biking to work. This caused me to break abruptly which sent my glasses flying off my face and onto the pavement. So now I not only had a flatty, but I had broken specs too. Harumph!

After dropping off my bike at the bike shop (yes, I should know how to fix a flat, but mechanical stuff is NOT my forte) I popped by my local optometrist and picked out a new pair of "lunettes". Less than 24 hours later, voilĂ !

new glasses
Yay! I'm really quite fond of them. Lemons into lemonade, I suppose.

I also thought it would be a good opportunity to show you my latest sample knit for Hannah.

Lightweight pullover
Unfortunately most of the snaps didn't turn out, these were the best in the bunch. And now the sweater is all packaged up and ready to go. I don't think I could bear putting an angora and alpaca turtleneck back on in this heat! Oh well. Deets here.

You'll eventually get to see another version of this lovely design. I enjoyed knitting the Lightweight Pullover so much that I cast one on for myself.
Stay tuned...


17 comments:








Anonymous

said...

Cute glasses and pretty green. Your lucky your eye sight isn't as bad as mine it takes two weeks for me to get glasses.





Cornflower

said...

Great specs - they really suit you!
Very nice sweater, too.





Annika

said...

Cute specs, and the sweater looks so comfy.





Lucie

said...

So glad that you were not hurt Nicole.You look very smart in the new glasses and green turtleneck.





Laura

said...

Very smart specs! Love the colour of green, too. Makes me crave fall!





Jen

said...

I love the colour of this sweater! A fresh, leafy-spring burst of green.
Very nice glasses, too ;)





Aline

said...

love your glasses, they actually look alot like my favorite pair. Sorry to hear about your flat tire! I have to get organized for such a thing before I head out this summer on mine. Your sweater is divine! I don't know how you can send those models away but good for you for being so generous of your knitting time. Please come visit me soon! xx





Julie

said...

the sweater is gorgeous, and so are your new glasses!!





kim

said...

I love your new specs. They remind me of Annie Hall, who, by the way, possessed aa much original style as you. Lovely knitting too!





Jodi

said...

What a fantastic sweater! It looks to have spectacular drape. Nice lunettes, too.





Annie

said...

Gorgeous sweater, what an amazing green !





Margie Oomen

said...

sorry about your mishap but all's well that ends well
love your new specs





margaux

said...

love the new glasses!! gorg! And great sweater too!! Love the color!





Candice

said...

Love the specs and the sweater. Kinda Annie Hallish, in a good way.





Unknown

said...

Lovely sweater and lovely you!





bellefleurdelis

said...

i think you looks so pretty on the first picture, nice glasses and a lovely green





melissa

said...

such stylish specs! i love them on you. and that sweater.... all i can say is, i can't believe you knitted it (it looks like a 'bought one' hehe)