Thursday, July 10, 2014

Beautiful Bairn

Here's one of the epic samples I was telling you about. Several months ago I knit Bairn, a yummy blanket design by the brilliant Julie Hoover.


Photo courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed



Photo courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed


Mmmm.... cables in charcoal grey.... you can imagine I was all over that!


Photo courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed



Photo courtesy of Jared Flood/Brooklyn Tweed


I love the rich red version too.

The blanket was part of an absolutely charming kids collection by Brooklyn Tweed. Oh these people know how to do it right. And speaking of charming, did you see the sweet "behind the scenes" video they made of the photo shoot?





Highlight for me was seeing Jared having a dance-off with the cutest little boy.



10 comments:








Carlene

said...

Okay, that is hilarious, because remember the Little Wave (my favorite in that collection)? And I said I should have known you knit it? This blanket... my favorite in this collection.

And that video was adorable.





Unknown

said...

That blanket is beautiful! The cables with that yarn is just perfection!





Lori ann

said...

completely gorgeous, i don't know if i could have given this one away. going in my queue now, thank you for the ALWAYS lovely inspiration lovely nicole. (going to watch the video now!)





Lori ann

said...

darling video, what a collection!
is there a link to your rav page?





Lori ann

said...

i meant link for the blanket (need more coffee here) ;)





Cristina Rose

said...

oh swoon.
Did you knit that using circulars ? (they terrify me, I just stick to singles.) please let me know! i love whenever you post, it makes my day and i wish we got to know you even more (i'm greedy) my email is swan_maidens@yahoo.com - i love your work and blog so much and would love to paint or draw something for you too.. i remember when you wrote about whales a while back. and when i have the right yarn, the sweet weave knitting pattern you have on your ravelery will be my next project ...and when i get longer knitting needles of course ;)





Margie Oomen

said...

so beautiful





Unknown

said...

Wow, a truly beautiful blanket, sure to be an heirloom I'm sure.





Sonia / COZY MEMORIES

said...

Oh wow, this is such a gorgeous blanket ! I wish I had it on my sofa come autumn !! Congrats on knitting this beauty ! xoxo





Unknown

said...

Just love the blanket!